FAQ for Vacation Travelers
1. How does it work?
Grab your passport, book your flight and we will do the rest – organize a group of awesome travelers to join you, book accommodations, plan memorable experiences each day, coordinate transportation, AND so much more.
2. What's included vs. not included?
- Included: accommodations, most meals, transportation for events/excursions, cost for events/excursions, airport pickup and drop-off, entertainment, local guides, and RootLo staff.
- Not Included: Airfare, travel/international insurance, incidental expenses, some meals, alcohol, and any visas or entrance or departure fees into the destination country.
- Please see individual trip pages for details about activities.
3. Is travel insurance needed?
RootLo highly urges all travelers to purchase travelers insurance independently before your trip begins.
4. Something came up and I have to cancel my trip, what do I do?
Don’t worry! We understand that life happens. Rather than losing any money, we would love to help you put your investment towards an upcoming community trip. However, if you need to cancel all together, we can help with that too. Please see below:
- More than 90 days before departure we will issue you a full refund
- Between 45 – 89 days before departure, you will forfeit your deposit ($175)
- Less than 45 days before departure, you will forfeit your deposit ($175) and 50% of trip cost
5. I would like to pay for my trip in installments/payments, how does that work?
No problem, we like to think of this as helping our travelers to save for their upcoming trips. We have set up a payment method below that works well for our RootLo community.
- Deposit due upon registering for the trip: $175
- Payment Plans: equal monthly payments from deposit date to 45 days before departure
- Final deadline for full payment: 45 days from departure
6. I see some trips go on sale, how can I watch for trip discounts?
The RootLo team LOVES sales just as much as our RootLo community! Therefore, we discount trips as often as possible to find you savings. We suggest keeping an eye on the RootLo page as often as you can but here are a few tips for finding savings…
- Weekly and Monthly promotion: We are constantly updating our trip of the week and trip of the month. Stay tuned to see if your dream vacation is up next!
- Quick promotions: trips will go on sale within 90 days of departure – clients back out or we need to fill spots – so if you have a flexible schedule this is a great way to save!
FAQ for Corporate Travel
1. How does it Work?
RootLo creates a solution for companies and education institutions who are bringing groups semi-permanently to Latin America. We will serve as the intermediary between you, your clients and the providers. As locals in our cities, we also enjoy sharing our cities through a series of unique events during your stay. RootLo´s expertise is in creating the city plan, facilitating the paperwork and providing your clients an unforgettable experience!
2. Does RootLo help individuals/groups to find remote work/study in your cities?
No, RootLo facilitates the accommodations and experience for already established groups planning to come to our three cities – Buenos Aires, Lima and Medellin. We have extensive networks in our cities to support your personal and professional growth in each market but we don’t help our clients to find work or study programs.
3. What size groups does RootLo work with?
We have supported groups ranging in size from 1 – 100. If you are traveling to one of our cities and want to know more about how we can support you, feel free to contact us!
4. How can RootLo support us while in the city? Do you have a local team in each city?
Think of RootLo as your friend in each city that we operate in. If you have an unexpected problem or issue, we will provide you the guidance and support that you need. Although a local team is not typically needed by our clients, we would be more than happy to facilitate the implementation of one upon request.
5. Is RootLo a travel agent?
No, RootLo does not “book” travel for your group. We create the plan, facilitate the agreements and provide the experience opportunities. We will be there every step of the way but we don’t “book” or sign on the dotted line for you.
6. What type of companies does RootLo work with?
RootLo works with travel organizations, international companies and education institutions that are sending travelers to live, work and/or study in our cities. If you aren’t listed here and are bringing a group to live in one of our cities, it is likely that we can help you too.
Contact us to learn more!